Occupational Health & Safety and ISO 45001
What is ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety?
ISO 45001 is an internationally recognised occupational health and safety management system standard; a benchmark harmonised from a range of industry standards, criteria and recommendations. It’s purpose is to help your organisation to control occupational health and safety risks. ISO 45001 helps to:
- minimise risk to employees, contractors, site visitors
- improve an existing OH&S management system
- ensure a mechanism is in place to evaluate legal compliance, demonstrate diligence and gain assurance in the market place.
Why do you need ISO 45001?
ISO 45001 has become a mandatory requirement in certain industry sectors. Insurance companies are frequently reducing insurance premiums on the basis of certification against this standard with businesses often realising significant savings. It highlights you as a responsible employer; a clear sign of objective continuous improvement.
SheQ Health and Safety Consultants have the capability, experience and knowledge to support your business by:
- Undertaking a gap analysis and legal compliance audit of current occupational health and safety policies and procedures
- Establishing an OH&S management system to eliminate or minimise risk to employees and other interested parties
- Ensuring synergy between ISO conformance and your stated OH&S policy
- Support and audit the implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of an OH&S management system
- Provide relevant training to key workers to actively maintain and develop the system
SheQ Improvement Solutions also offers general Health and Safety help and support.